Thursday, October 22, 2009

Amnesia

When I wait too long in between posts I generally forget everything that has happened. Self-inflicted amnesia. Pretty true in tonight's case too, so this will be a short (and probably disappointing) blog.

It seems that everything has been going along pretty well. I had a dinner out at Gloria's with the THC girls last Thursday. We had to cancel the night in September because the cubs were sick and a couple of the girls were out of town, so it was really nice to see everyone again and catch up.

We met with our pool salesperson on Saturday to pick out the coping and tiles for the pool. I just received the plans for the pool yesterday, so I need to get those to our HOA for approval. I am crossing my fingers that we don't have any problems.

On Sunday (Oct 18) we took the cubs to the Pumpkin Patch. I would love to say that I had a great time but I would be lying stretching the truth. All I wanted was to capture the cubs in a photo together looking adorable. As soon as I got there and turned on the camera the battery light started flashing (just my luck). No problem. I brought a spare pair...if only I hadn't left them in the car. UGH. I made the right decision by not trekking all the way back to the car. Practically every picture that I took was of the cubs' backs as they were running away from me, most often in opposite directions. It was really a test of my patience. I hated it but I'll post some pictures anyway.

One good thing came from the Pumpkin Patch disaster. On the way back home, Zach took a bite (not a nibble) of a Mum Mum (rice cracker). He gobbled the whole thing!! I was so excited! He has been doing great lately and I am so very proud of him. He is finally eating fish sticks (HUGE accomplishment). He continues to try new foods, most recently asparagus. He didn't really like it but that's not what counts. He has started turning up his nose to his usual favorites in order to try something off of my plate. We ordered a pasta dish from Buca di Beppo's and he liked it. We took him to Red Robin where he had some grilled cheese and french fries....he even did better than Emily. Today the cubs ate all of my taco...I didn't get one bite. I can hardly believe this is the same Zach that was eating baby food a few months ago. I am praying that this trend continues. Way to go Little Man! We are SO proud of you!

Tomorrow Grandma and Grandpa Bear are visiting and doing a little cub sitting for us. We are always so excited to see them!! Hopefully it will be sunny and dry so we can enjoy some more kite flying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to learn how well Zach is doing with his eating. How is the "kitchen" doing in the playroom?

Jenny Henriksen said...

Way to go Zach!!!!
We didn't make it to the pumpkin patch this year so no cute pics for us either. And I wish I could say that there won't be anymore "bad" picture moments, but I would be fibbing. And running in opposite directions is a twin thing and I think they do it on purpose:) So proud of the cubbies-great accomplishments and a big relief for you and Steve I'm sure.