Wow, it's bad when you are so far behind in blogging that you don't even know what you've forgotten to blog about. I'm sure Steve will read this and present me with a long list of things I forgot. His memory is better than mine.
I think I'll start with the present and try to work my way backwards. We had a very enjoyable Fourth of July weekend. Our friends, Kristi and JJ, came to visit. We enjoyed a nice lunch with them. They had tickets to the Rangers game on Sunday evening, so we went to Heather and Greg's house across the street to watch the fireworks. They have 3 year old twin boys so it was fun watching the kiddos play together. Zach loved the fireworks. Emily was a little afraid of them. We were really close and they were pretty loud. She had her head buried in her hands or in Daddy's shoulder most of the time. Cubs were super exhausted on Monday. Emily even asked to go "night-night" early. WHAT????
Don't drink the water here. That's what I'm going to tell everyone who visits. In addition to Heather and Greg's twins, another set of 3 year olds is moving in 4 houses down from us, and another set is due just around the corner from us. That's four sets of twins practically within arms length of each other. It is going to be fun watching the cubs grow up with so many kiddos in our age group around.
I found a summer preschool for the cubs. You have no idea how momentous this announcement is. I thought I could handle the summer, but it was quickly evident that I was way in over my head. They were cranky, I was cranky. Cub Central was CRANKY. So now they go on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I think they are really enjoying it. I know I am. Even if I do nothing at all but sit at home and absorb the silence. It only lasts six weeks but I think it is our saving grace. I don't think we could have made it through the summer without it. Mom can only paint so many times in one day. That is Emily's current favorite activity. Paint, paint, paint. She loves it. She can sit at the table and paint for 30 minutes. I am not complaining about this! I think this is AWESOME! My complaint is that her twin counterpart can only paint for 30 seconds. So for over 29 minutes I have to listen to whining and moaning and complaining. I would love for him to do his own activity but he is a little attached to Mommy right now and for obvious reasons I can't leave Emily alone with the paint. I already have a newly decorated chair cover. So there is this constant need to be going in two directions at once. I can't seem to please them both, so summer Preschool to the rescue.
Grandma and Grandpa Bear were here two weekends ago (even though it feels like two months ago). They volunteered to cubsit while Steve and I took a mini-vacation. It was the first time Steve and I had been away from the cubs together. We stayed two nights at the Four Seasons in Las Colinas. We stayed in a villa right off the 18th green. Steve was acting like a little boy on Christmas morning. He got to play two rounds of golf while I made good use of the spa. I even took a few naps and enjoyed reading a book poolside. It was amazing. I only called to check up on the cubs a few times. I thought I did pretty well.
We purchased a cedar play set for the cubs, complete with swings, a slide, a rock wall, and a fort. Grandpa Bear came a day early to help us install it. We are now waiting on a few replacement parts (some were damaged in shipping). I can't wait to get it completed. The swings are up and the cubs love them, but I know the slide will be the biggest hit.
I celebrated my birthday with four of the best girls ever. I had a blast at Brio's! Five girls, four bottles of wine, and the best $2.99 appetizers EVER! Their appetizer special was from 3-7pm and 9-11pm, and yes, we were there to cover both of them. We then topped the night off at the Cheesecake Factory. Yummy!
I guess it's time to let Steve tell me everything I left out. I'll make myself a list and cover it in the next post. Next month. That seems to be the posting pattern now. I laughed when I noticed that I posted 118 entries in 2008 and 170 entries in 2009. No chance for that this year....only 39 entries so far and it's already July. Urgh.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
I don't even know what I've missed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment