So I am a little behind on my blogging. I am totally aware of this and yet I still haven't done it. That makes me a very bad blogger. It also means I have been a very busy non-blogger.
Zach's therapy.
Zach is attending a feeding clinic at a University in Denton (see blog dated 5/19 for more information on the clinic). There are three clinicians, one for each child. We have had two sessions and the other children have not shown up. So little man has had the total attention of three pretty college girls and their instructor. He is pretty much "eating this up"...pardon the expression. What a flirt. After the first session, he hugged his primary clinician, Leah, and then blew her a kiss. Are you kidding me? Zach blew his very first kiss to me on my birthday, and here he is blowing kisses to another girl just 8 days later. Kind of makes my kiss feel a little less special. The sessions are going ok. Play time is fun, but anytime they put him in the booster seat screaming ensues. Not pleasant to watch. (I am on the other side of a one-way mirror so he is unable to see me). The instructor says he's doing well with the different textures. Pretty good for the first week. She's had kids gag at the sight of food, so for Zach to play with his food is a good thing. He did actually pick up a piece of macaroni and cheese up and put it in his mouth all by himself. The next day he picked up a piece of rice. It's only been a few days and he's started using his fork all on his own. PROGRESS!! I am so proud of our little man.
Emily's therapy.
Emily's therapy has been going pretty well too. Her clinician, Kelly, says she is saying words. Why is it that I can't understand her??? She is starting to mimic and she is making a lot more sounds. I have a feeling my little cubs will be talking in no time, and then I'll wonder why I put them through all these sessions. Either way, I think it's good that Emily is getting some one-on-one therapy/attention. It is so hard to do that at home because the cubs are always together.
Grandma Bear.
Grandma Bear is visiting for the next two weeks. I am so excited to have an extra set of paws (hands) around the house. I was actually able to schedule a physical exam at my Doctor's office that is long overdue. The next two weeks will be very busy.
Mommy's GNOs
Mommy still has her GNOs. Over the last few weeks I've been to Gloria's, Campania's Pizza, and Blue Mesa Grill. I love that we pick new places to go each time so I get to sample new restaurants. Yummy!
Our landscaping project.
Still in progress....although we have the cutest little helper (and cutest little supervisor).
Emily supervising:
Stopping for a water break:
Love for Husky.
Emily loves her husky. So much so, that lately she has been putting him in her booster seat and strapping him in. He must be secured. The other day she took a facial wipe and wiped his little face. He must be clean. This weekend she gave Husky a drink out of Baxter's water bowl. He must be watered. What a spoiled Husky. We can't leave home without him. He even attends Emily's therapy sessions. Can you say "attachment issues"??
Potty training.
I postponed Emily's potty training because every time I would try working with her she would scream and cry. Grandma Bear has worked with Emily one day and already she has used her potty, both for #1 and #2. Makes me look like a potty training failure. I guess Grandma Bear can't leave until Zach is potty trained too.
They still fit.
Great Grandma Betty handmade these outfits for Emily and Zach last year when they were not even walking. Zach can still wear his but it's getting a little tight. Emily's was a dress but don't you think it looks just as cute as a top? I paired it with some shorts and she can still wear it throughout the summer. Awesome!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Just a little behind
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment