Since everything occurs in twos around Cub Central, it seems fitting that for the second week in a row, the Cubs and I headed to Grandma and Grandpa Bear's house. This time, however, we ended up going sans Dad since he had to work. It was a last minute decision, the cubs and I were home alone with no plans, and Uncle Brian happened to be visiting from New York (a very RARE occurrence). Since Uncle Brian wasn't able to come to me, then in order to see him, I must go to him...and 'him' was at Grandma and Grandpa Bear's. The weather was beautiful. The cubs were able to play outside. Everything was great. Until bedtime. After trying to convince the cubs that air mattresses were NOT trampolines, and two hours of Emily crying, I made a very conscious decision to never make this trip again, especially if Dad isn't able to come with us. Grandma Bear and I tried everything to get Emily to go to sleep. She cried and cried. It was really putting a damper on my evening. Enter Grandpa Bear to the rescue. He took her from me, took her to her room, and came out 5 minutes later. Nothing but quiet. ?!?!?! I asked him in astonishment what he had done to my daughter (perhaps opened a window and tossed her out) and he said that he put her to bed, told her to be quiet and to go "night night". As if I hadn't already done that (only about 100 times). Must be that male thing. UGH! It was a rough night with little sleep. It is definitely easier for Grandma and Grandpa Bear to visit Cub Central. I'm still glad that I went. I don't get to see Uncle Brian very often, so the trip was well worth it. Just hoping that traveling will get a little easier as the cubs get older.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Road trip: Second Addition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment