Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So much to share in too little time.

It's naptime for the cubs, so I'm going to take this short opportunity to do a little blog catch-up. The last few weeks have been very busy at Cub Central. After I made the trip back home with the cubs (and without Dad), my parents made the trip out here. All in the name of cubsitting. We had fun plans to go to a hockey game with one of Steve's friends and Grandma and Grandpa Bear "volunteered" to cubsit. I pretty much volunteered them, but they didn't tell me no...so hockey plans were on. It was a Thursday night game against the Philadelpia Flyers. Brian's family cheered for the Stars, but Brian (the birthday boy) is a die-hard Flyers fan. UGH. How nice was it for our team to wish Brian a happy birthday by allowing his team to win?? Happy birthday, Brian! ...and thanks to my Mom and Dad for coming out here so Steve and I could partake in some adult interaction.

The next week I took the cubs on a tour of one of the local firestations. Not sure we were quite ready for that. Zach couldn't stand still and was extrememly fussy. Emily did a better job, but only because I let her hold my camera the entire time. She took some very fine photos of the firehouse floor. Not sure if this is her calling, but she hasn't put the camera down since.

The weekend (Mar. 20/21) weather was rainy and cold. Steve had the weekend off, for once, and the weather kept us cooped up inside. CRUMMY. The next weekend (Mar. 27/28), the cubs and I got the stomach bug. All three of us were tossing our cookies. It was AWFUL!!! And of course, Steve was off for that too. Steve was off two weekends in a row?? Completely unheard of....and we spent it cooped up inside...SICK!. With the exception of a brief outing we took on Saturday. Emily came down with the bug early (4:30 am early) on Friday morning. By Saturday morning she seemed to be feeling better, so we all went to the town Easter Egg Hunt. The cubs really did well and the weather was great. It was later that afternoon that Zach and I came down with the yuckies. So we did manage to do one fun thing the two weekends Steve was off.

This past weekend (Apr. 3/4) was gorgeous. The weather was spectacular and we spent lots of time outside. Steve even took the very first dive into the pool on April 3 (which is also the one year anniversary of our closing on this house). The air temp was 82, but the water temp was only 67...WAY too cold for me. I will wait for summer, thank you very much.

The cubs and I have now come down with a virus. I swear it is always something. I wonder if Steve is off this weekend. Probably so, since everyone else is sick. Bah humbug!

No comments: