The cubs' social calendar has exploded this fall. The cubs started swimming lessons at the end of August. The first week went great and then the crying began. Emily would cry and then Zach would cry. It eventually got so bad that Zach was crying just to cry. No real reason for it. He would do everything the teacher told him to do. He wouldn't fight her or pull away, he would just do it while crying. Annoying. In hopes of stopping the tears we decided to split the cubs up. This was a pretty drastic measure, since it now meant that we had to go two nights per week instead of just one. So now Emily is flourishing in her Tuesday night classes and Zach just recently started making headway in his Thursday night classes. No tears at his latest class...WOO HOO!!
Preschool started on September 7th. The cubs are going to a new school this year and I think it is going great. They really like going and I love seeing how much they are learning. They are making such great progress. One day we heard Zach counting on his own...in SPANISH! Even more impressive to me, Steve knew it was spanish. Wow! They are learning colors (except in Emily's world everything is pink) and they are learning to write their names. They are singing songs all the time...of course, I have no idea what they are but it is still cute to hear.
Preschool and swimming lessons now dominate our Tuesdays and Thursdays. So does that mean that Mondays and Wednesdays are open?? HA - hardly. The cubs have speech therapy at the elementary school bright and early at 8:00am. UGH. I pick them up at 9:30, which gives us a little playtime before we head up to speech therapy at TWU. By the time 2pm rolls around, we have had our fill of speech therapy. It is definitely helping though. Sometimes what I hear the cubs say now really surprises me, especially since this time last year, Zach could barely talk at all. I sneeze, and Zach says "bless you". I ask Zach if he can bring me his cup, he says "of course". OF COURSE?!?! I LOVE IT!!!! Progress is being made.
That leaves Friday. The only "free" day. We fill those up with playdates with friends, little shopping trips, or excursions to the gym. Our gym has a rocking kid's play area and the cubs love it. They ask to go all the time, and cry if we pass by and don't stop. I love that it tires them out and gets them nap-ready! :)
I'm not sure when our schedule will lighten up. I'm ready for a little down time, but with two busy cubs in the house I probably won't get that for many years to come.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Social calendar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment