No posts since April. I have one word for that. Wow. Just wow. It's not like there hasn't been a million things to blog about...wondering now why I never took the time to do it. :(
In April we celebrated the cubs' 5th birthday with a party at ASI Gymnastics. Lots of kiddos had fun bouncing and swinging and playing. It was quite overwhelming for an old Momma Bear like me, but everyone under the age of 6 looked to be having a fantabulous time!
In May we finished up the soccer and t-ball season. Mom took a much-needed girls' trip to San Antonio, and then Grandma Shirley and Papa John visited us for a week.
In June we did our first "sleepover at Grandma Bear's"...the cubs each spent one week by themselves at Grandma's. I have to admit I really enjoyed the one-on-one time with each of the cubs. At the end of June, I managed to pick up the worse sinus infection of my life....it lasted two miserable months, and put a damper on many of my activities. Boo!!!
In July, I desperately had to find activities to keep the cubs busy, so we participated in 2 VBS (Vacation Bible Schools - both affiliated with the preschools the cubs' attended) and one gymnastics camp. We also kept busy with our TWU speech therapy.
In August, the Cubs attended summer preschool 2 days a week just to get back in the swing of things before "real" school started. Soccer season started as well - the Cubs are on the same teams as last season with the same awesome coaches. And finally, the big event....KINDERGARTEN...started on August 28th. This was a bittersweet day for Mom...I had been prepping for this, but it was still a little overwhelming watching the cubs' walk into class and never look back. By the third day my little babies didn't need (or want) me to walk them into class anymore. The drop-off routine had begun. No more kisses goodbye. I barely get a wave as they stumble over each other to get out of the car so they can run up to the door. I guess I should be relieved that I'm not having to drag them up to the door kicking and screaming, but is it too much to ask for an "I love you" before they race off?? Getting into the school routine has been hardest for me. They have to be in their seats by 7:45 (doors open at 7:25) so getting two crazy, overactive cubs fed, dressed and out the door by 7:20ish (my goal) is pretty difficult. But I am proud to say, even to this date, we have not been tardy once. It hasn't been rainbows and roses, there is often a lot of yelling to "get your shoes on" and threats, "I'm leaving without you", but I still manage to get them there, and sometimes, on good days, their hair is brushed and their clothes match (this is a major feat for Emily...that girl looks homeless most of the time...very lovely fashion sense...urgh).
School has been going fairly well. Emily was getting in trouble quite a bit for talking, but once she was separated from her co-conspirator, she has been doing great. She still struggles with reading but the teacher assures me she is fine. Zach is a reading champ. He is reading at a first grade level so I may be relying on him to help his sister when she doesn't want help from me. Homework is going well (yes, they have homework already)...our major problem is they want to race to see who can get it done first. This usually means they don't do it right because they aren't paying attention. I try to make if fun for them and right now it is working for us. I also volunteer at the school on Friday mornings helping in the Library.
Mid-September through October became the hostessing marathon at our house. I think I hosted every event possible...Couples Game Night, our TWA (Turnberry Women's Association) meeting, TWA Board Meeting (yes, I'm on the Board...still not sure how THAT happened), Canasta (at least it's not Bridge), Book Club, Pokeno, Bunco....yes, I'm pretty sure I did it ALL!! WOW, so exhausting! :)
Soccer season came to a close in November. For Thanksgiving, Grandma and Grandpa Bear came to celebrate at our house. The cubs watched the Parade with me on TV...the big balloons are our favorite part! Steve cooked our wonderful meal...for which I was very thankful. I certainly have a lot to be thankful for!! :)
That brings us to the current month of December. Basketball season has started. THAT should be interesting. Zach is playing on a team of Kindergarteners and first graders...he is the smallest guy out there...probably the quickest too. Too bad he doesn't really know how to play. Emily is on a team that consists of most of the girls from her soccer team. I love those girls but they are a hot mess. Our first game should be nothing short of hilarious. Steve has prepped our house for Christmas. For the first year ever, Steve hung our Christmas lights up. It was nerve-wracking to watch but he managed to get it done. Thankfully without injury! The Cubs are ready for Santa's visit. They have written their letters (draft after draft after draft)...I need to set a date for the final copy so we can get them in the mail...it takes a while to get snail mail up to the North Pole....wink, wink.
Maybe someday I will get some pictures posted. I have thousands!! Such a tedious job to download, go through, resize, and upload. I'm sure my faithful audience would like to see how the cubs have changed and grown so please be patient, I will get there eventually. I also love to go back and look at their baby pictures...our little miracle cubs sure are becoming big miracle cubs!
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Hello...elllo....ello...llo...lo...o out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, you and the cubs have been busy! What a great update on all of the happenings at your house. I've enjoyed your posts and pictures on FB and look forward to a truck load of pictures on here when you get to it. Glad things are going well!
Post a Comment