On Monday the cubs had their 15 month check-up and along with it was an MMR vaccination. It made for a very moody Monday. Emily scream-cried all the way home. I think it was a mean combination of being hot, hungry, tired, and poked by that nasty needle. She was NOT a happy cub. Zach did a little better, but it sure took a lot out of everyone.
We did receive an A+ from our pediatrician so that was good news. He always tells us that Zach is not a heavy-weight, but other than his slow weight gain he seems to be doing pretty well. He weighed in at 19 lbs 7 oz, and 30 1/4" long. Our Emily Bear weighed in at 23 lbs 10 oz and 33 1/2" long. Now she's a heavy-weight!
After our "moody Monday" I went out to dinner with some girlfriends and treated myself to a much needed raspberry daiquiri.
Unfortunately Tuesday was not much better. I'd like to attribute it to the immunizations from the day before, but my mother kindly pointed out to me this morning that yesterday was Tuesday. Of course, it was Temper-Tantrum Tuesday, it makes total sense to me now. This was our third bad Tuesday in a row. I am considering looking into a "Mother's Day Out" program...and I am pretty sure that I need one for Tuesdays. I also need another daiquiri.
I have decided to try making my own baby food. This should be interesting! We've decided to start with the basic vegetables, so last night I blended up some carrots, green beans, and peas. The recommended way is to freeze the food in covered ice-cube trays and then thaw out cubes as needed. So I bought special little trays, and am currently thawing some out for dinner. We'll see how well they like it. I'm hoping that it will be more flavorful than the jarred stuff, and maybe Zach will like it a little better and start eating some with thicker and chunkier textures. Keep your fingers crossed!
Thunder (and Zach) woke me up early this morning. We need rain so desperately, but it was just a tease. We didn't receive enough to wet the concrete. What a let down!
I've been tracking our stroller online...(it's pretty cool how you can see where it has arrived and departed from - American Airlines could certainly take some lessons on how to do this)...it has left New Jersey and the estimated delivery date is tomorrow. Thursdays are generally pretty good days around Cub Central.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Moody Monday and Temper-Tantrum Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment