Thursday, July 10, 2008

Playing catch-up

It's Thursday evening and I'm desperately trying to catch-up on my blog. My mom (Grandma Bear) has been here this week and has been a big help to me. I am so excited to be off of diaper-duty for a while. I haven't had to put my HazMat suit on once since she arrived. Awesome!

On Wednesday, Kelli came over with her 6-month old twin girls for a short visit. It was nice to have little babies in the house again. It really makes me realize how much the cubs have changed in such a short time. Kelli's girls are just now starting to roll over. I miss those days where you could put the cubs down and they would stay right where you put them. Now, the cubs won't stay still for 5 seconds. Both cubs are walking everywhere. They have figured out how to open doors, they won't leave the curtains alone, and they are always trying to test the waters with me. I told Zach "NO" today and he looked at me and laughed. This is NOT good! We are also having sharing issues. Emily wants what Zach has, even if she already has the exact same thing. If it's in Zach's paws, she wants it, and she wants it now. UGH. Being the referee is just exhausting. I still get the "make-up hug", which I still love. I'll take any hug from the cubs, because I know one day they'll be too busy to give Mom hugs. They just grow up so fast!

Today was Zach's nutrition visit. I was a little concerned because the Nutritionist told me that when they start walking that it is not unusual for them to lose weight, but today his numbers looked pretty good. He actually gained weight since his last visit. I guess keeping your food down helps with that. We are now at a record breaking 27 days without a Mt. Vesuvius-type spit up. He's had two small ones, but I don't even count them. It's nothing compared to what they were! He now weighs 19 lbs 1.5 oz (up from 18 lbs 9.8 oz on 06/24) and is 29" long (up from 28 3/4 on 06/24). He is now in the 3.93 percentile (up from 3.16 on 6/24) for weight and 18.31 percentile (up from 17.35 on 6/24) for height. Way to go Little Man! Mom and Dad are very proud of you!

Zach's eating has been going pretty well. He's getting two bottles of half milk/half formula, and one bottle of Pediasure, as well as his three solids per day. He still doesn't like the sippy cup, but he'll take sips from a big person cup (go figure!). He still doesn't tolerate any chunky foods or table foods, but we're continuing to work on that.

We still have an occasional teething episode. Zach's been waking up at 4am, much to my dismay. At last check, Emily still has 4 teeth coming in on top, and Zach now has three. With all this teething, there is definitely some irritability issues, but that's to be expected. Poor little guys, it's tough being a growing cub.

1 comment:

Mommakitten said...

Oh I hear you on the teething front! Both boys are getting their bottom teeth and whoa are they cranky! Our twins are starting to catch up with your in weight!!