Friday, September 12, 2008

Catching up on Cub Central news

It's been a week since I've posted a detailed cub update, and people are letting me hear about it, so here you go:

We'll start with the bad. Zach has been throwing up at least once per day since last Monday, so Steve and I have decided to restart his Prevacid on Tuesday to see if that might help. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

Emily has found a new way to let Mom and Dad know that she is finished eating. Instead of turning her head or pushing the food away, she has decided that spitting it out is her preferred way of expressing herself. She slowly oozes it through her teeth. YUCK! Mom is not very impressed. I'd prefer a head turn or a push away. This is a real adjustment because Emily used to always eat everything, so it was quite a shock for her to refuse food. I guess she's in that stage.

Emily and Zach have both managed to take head-first tumbles off of the couch. The couch is for sitting...it is NOT a trampoline. Try telling that to two 16-month-olds. Sorry Mom, it's a trampoline! Thus, some falls, some bruises, and some heart attacks. I'm sure there will be many more for years to come.

Now some good news. Zach had a nutrition visit on Monday. Considering that he has been throwing up more than usual lately, plus he has been sick twice since the Nutritionist's last visit on July 10, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. He is now 30 1/4" tall (previously 29") and he now weighs 20 lbs 14.3 oz (up from 19 lbs 1.5 oz on 07/10/08.) Whoo hoo. Mom is doing the happy dance. We are so proud of our little man. Keep it up Zach! So these latest stats put him at the 8.58 percentile for weight (previously 3.93), and 28.68 percentile for height (previously 18.31). PROGRESS!

On Tuesday, I escaped Cub Central for a few hours to attend a going away dinner for Sally at Uncle Julios. I met Sally through my LCMOM group. She and her family are moving to Japan, so I'm glad I was able to see her before she left. Steve didn't mind even though it was our eight year wedding anniversary. He was fine with it since we had our big family day planned for Saturday, which has now been cancelled thanks to Hurricane Ike. I guess we'll have to plan our anniversary/family fun date for another weekend....minus any hurricanes.

Emily and Zach both have started twirling to music. Very cute, except it knocks their equilibrium off balance, and therefore creates more bruises for them and more skipped heartbeats for mom. But it's still very cute.

Our friend Donna's dad passed away this week, so our thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

That sums up this week at Cub Central. Now we're just awaiting the arrival of Hurricane Ike. I'm getting ready to claim my all expense paid trip to the coast, courtesy of my favorite bear. Yeah, right!!! I feel the love!

No comments: