Thursday, September 18, 2008

An exhausting week and it's not even over yet....

We were very fortunate that Hurricane Ike took a northern turn earlier than expected, so we only received a little wind and rain here at Cub Central. It has devastated many of our coastal areas, including Galveston and Houston. It's almost unbelievable when I see the news stories on TV.

On Monday I took the cubs to Gymboree. I thought I would give it another chance since they are walking now. I think it will be another long while before we go again. The cubs have a five second attention span and they were both taking off in different directions. This is definitely an activity that takes an extra set of hands. I was exhausted by the time it was over. Emily even embarrassed me with her first public temper-tantrum as I tried to get her to go to the next station with the rest of the group. It will be a long while before we try that again.

On Tuesday I had a million errands to run. What would normally be a quick in-and-out trip becomes quite an ordeal when you take the cubs. In and out of car seats and strollers made for another exhausting day. Tuesday evening was my monthly LCMOM meeting. A speech pathologist was the guest speaker. Twins are notorious for being delayed when it comes to speech, most likely because they don't get the one-on-one 100% attention that a singleton gets. It was very interesting but right now I'm more interested in getting them to LISTEN to me. They can talk to me later.

On Wednesday I had one of my monthly girls' night out. We went to a quaint little Italian restaurant (Piola's) that I had never been to before. I love going to new places and this is the only time I get to do that since Steve prefers going to places he is familiar with.

Wednesday night (or should I say Thursday morning) was not very pleasant here at Cub Central. Emily woke up screaming at 1:30 AM. We tried everything to calm her. We fed her, gave her some milk, changed her diaper, gave her Tylenol. She was fine as long as someone held her, but the minute you put her down, she would start screaming again. UGH.

Zach is still having his usual issues. He's still pretty cute though. Somehow he managed to sleep through Emily's episode last night. He was the only one. I'm really jealous!

Couch climbing is still a favorite activity although it is not allowed. They are stubborn little monkeys. They just keep trying. They have now moved on to the love seat and the recliner. Again, very exhausting.

The house issue is still a big topic here. Now we are considering building a home. We have selected a floor plan, and as usual, the only lot Steve and I both agreed on was TAKEN! I tell you the Housing Gods are against us. Now that the financial sector is in the pits with AIG, WAMU, and Lehman Brothers all having trouble, we are too afraid to do anything. What a hopeless feeling.

It is now Thursday evening and we are desperately trying to get Emily to go to sleep. So far we are starting off with a repeat of last night, so this isn't looking good. It must be a full moon!

No comments: