Monday, April 6, 2009

From totally debt free to the poor house.

For a whole 8 days Steve and I were totally debt free. That all changed within a matter of 30 minutes on Friday. We had our closing on Friday and now we are back in the poor house. Friday was a totally crazy day. Early in the morning we met the Construction Manager at the house and went over all the warranty paperwork and made sure all of the items that we had pointed out on Monday were fixed. That's when we were told that they had to move the fence back due to City requirements. WHAT?? I'm a bit perturbed that no one told us about this. City requirements state that the fence line must be 10' back from the corner of the house that it is nearest to. Fine, whatever. They moved our fence 20' back so now we are fighting to get it moved back up to the 10' requirement. The whole purpose of buying the corner lot was so we could have as much backyard space as possible.

After that disaster we headed over to Dallas to sign our closing paperwork. We took the Cubs with us but it went better than I expected. They played pretty well while Steve and I signed the huge stack of seemingly never-ending paperwork.

We then took the Cubs to Chuck-E-Cheese but unfortunately that was a disaster. Zach did pretty well, he actually ate some breadstick but was totally uninterested in the pizza. Emily was very unlike herself. She refused to try anything. She just fussed and cried. I think she was exhausted from having to get up early and we had just waited too long to feed them. Lesson learned.

After the big pizza mess we headed over to pick up the keys to the new house. I had an appointment with a painter to get an estimate for interior painting. Fun. After dinner we headed back to the apartment just in time to get the cubs ready for bed. Then I hit the MCMOMs garage sale to see if I could score any goodies. I did pick up a few pairs of jeans since Zach's seem to mysteriously disappear.

I returned to our beloved (hack hack) apartment. It's sad knowing that we now have keys to the house but we are still in this apartment. **SIGH** Just a few more days.

No comments: