Because of the germ monsters that invaded Cub Central last week, we are now trying to reestablish our routine. The cubs were only able to attend Preschool on Monday and all other events were cancelled for the week, so we were basically having to start over and reintroduce the cubs to school and therapy.
Monday and Tuesday went as expected. Emily did well, but Zach fussed terribly at both Preschool and therapy. At school he attached himself to my leg and screamed. I felt so badly because all of the other children were quietly drawing and Zach was creating mass hysteria. I finally just gave him a kiss, handed him to the teacher (while apologizing profusely) and left. It is what the school recommends. The longer I stay, the longer he'll continue to cry. I knew he'd calm down, but it didn't make leaving any easier. Tuesday was more of the same. We went in with the Clinician and I had to leave him there while screaming. Heart wrenching. After a few minutes he calmed down there too. It's just hard leaving him when he's screaming after me.
Wednesday was BEAUTIFUL! Emily and Zach both went into their preschool classroom happily. They didn't even say goodbye to me, and I left (a little sad) before they could notice. I was so relieved that there wasn't any screaming. Wednesday also happened to be picture day. It was also the first time Steve received a phone call from school. I certainly would have freaked out if they called me, so I'm glad they called him. Thankfully it wasn't an emergency, however, it turns out our little camera hog refused (REFUSED!!!!) to have her picture taken. Turns out our normally shy little man was quite the opposite. His teacher told us how cute he was posing for the camera. I am a little sad that Emily's first preschool photo is non-existent. I guess in their scrapbook next to Zach's first school photo, I'll have to draw in a stick-figure of Emily or perhaps put one of those little gray silhouettes where her picture should be. Little fussbucket.
Therapy went just as well on Thursday. No fussing. Zach took his Clinician's hand and they walked right in the room together. A break-through. I was so proud of him and so relieved that he didn't attach himself to my leg again. Emily is quite the opposite, she never had an issue about going with her Clinician. From the first day Emily walked up to her and took her hand. I think teaching her about "Stranger Danger" may be a bit difficult. She trusts everyone.
Now with Friday and the weekend in between, I am hoping that next week we can continue the non-screaming trend!!
Friday, September 25, 2009
Back to our routine. (All caught up...FINALLY!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment