On Wednesday, September 9th, the cubs started preschool. I was really been looking forward to this day. Emily walked right in and Zach followed. Steve sat with them for a minute and then as we were leaving the crying started. First from Zach and then from Emily. It was awful. We kissed them both and walked out. It was so hard to turn my back on them and walk out as they screamed after me.
Trying out the backpacks the night before.:
Emily walking into their classroom.
Zach, a little more apprehensive than Emily.
All calmed down, right before they saw us leaving, and then the sky started falling.
I think it would have gone a little better had we not been the first ones to the classroom. Then they may have been so distracted by everyone else and they might not have noticed us leaving. There are 7 children in their class, one set of triplets, two singletons, and our set of twins. May God bless their teacher.
Of course, just to make it memorable, Zach also received his first accident report. On the first day of school. What a surprise. He fell and scratched his face because he didn't want to quit what he was doing in order to do something else. The teacher said there was a small bump but he was fine by the time I saw him. He obviously has trouble with transitions. Something else to work on. I'm just thankful that he didn't recreate his attempt to fly.
After we dropped off the cubs, Grandma Shirley and I headed to the spa. WHAT an awesome way to spend my first day of "Mother's Day Out". We even did a little shopping after having lunch at Brio's. Too bad I can't enjoy this kind of treatment for every preschool day.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Preschool starts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment