...at September 2nd. Wednesday. Meet the teacher day at preschool. A day Mom was definitely looking forward to.
Steve and I both took the cubs to meet their teacher and fellow classmates. I totally expected Zach to walk right in and start running around, like he does everywhere we go, while Emily fussed and cried. True to cub form, they did the complete opposite. Emily walked right in like she owned the place, while Zach permanently attached himself to my leg and screamed. UGH. Not good. Steve did a great job calming him down and finally we were able to go to the orientation meeting with the Administrator in the Chapel. When we returned to the classroom the cubs were playing. Yippee! We then took the cubs out to the playground to check things out. Zach loves loves loves the slide! All went well until it was time to go. Zach decided he would sit on the platform where the monkey bars meets the slide and test his ability to fly. Right before I could get to him. He pushed off and belly flopped onto the hard ground below and screamed. I was terrified. I picked him up, brushed him off, looked him over, and held him. I tried to take him to the car where even more screaming ensued. The worst 15 minutes ever. Thankfully he was ok but it sure did scare me. Here are some pictures of the big day.
Daddy and Emily, the big walk into school:
Zach holding my hand, already looking a little apprehensive:
After our meeting with the Administrator. The cubs are playing, this is a good sign that preschool may work out ok:
Emily tackling the ladder:
Climbing little monkeys:
Emily on the slide. Wow, that was fun!:
Zach on the slide (before his flying attempt). Check out that smile!!:
Sunday, September 13, 2009
A look back....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment