Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another trip to urgent care....if we're not sick, we're injured.

On Tuesday, November 3rd, we had our first trip to Urgent Care for something other than illness. Zach burned his hand on one of the outdoor uplights so now we have to add Physical Therapy and wound care visits to our busy schedule. Zach and I both had a very big cry over the incident.

The story:
Steve and I had decided to take the cubs out for a car ride and because of the time change, the outdoor lights were on since now it gets dark so early. When we returned I got Zach out of the car, set him down, and I thought he was following Emily into the house. He almost made it, but at the last second, he veered to the left and made a bee line for the light. I yelled, but it was too late, and he put both hands paws on the light bulb. We immediately put them under water and coated them with fresh aloe, but after 45 minutes of crying, Steve took him to Urgent Care. Now we are dealing with dressing changes and trying to prevent infection, but it could have been worse. His right paw is worse than his left, so it is all bandaged up, but the therapist told us that it actually looks pretty good. It doesn't seem to hurt him at all now. He only cries when the therapist is changing his bandage and dressing (even though he is ok when Steve or I do it). We are hoping that they will take the bandage wrap off for good at his appointment tomorrow.

No comments: