Update to my post from November 8th, "No turning back". HA! Well, we turned back. The whole toddler bed experience did not go so well. I will say that Emily did really well going to bed at night. However, she was waking up way too early in the morning. The first morning around 5 am, little fingers were tapping me on the shoulder. Not really a big deal if I could bring her up into bed with me for snugglies, but she would have none of that. In her little mind it was time to play. The next morning, I woke up around 5 am with this strange feeling that I was being watched. I opened my eyes, rolled over, and there she was sitting in her daddy's place, looking down at me. Who knows how long she'd been there. No snugglies then either, just a little trampoline play. The next morning around the same miserable time, instead of coming into our room, she went into Zach's room and woke him up. This made for a very unpleasant day. She also refused (REFUSED!!!!!) to take her naps in her toddler bed. I don't see what the big problem was...it is her same bed with the front rail removed. Twice she finally fell asleep on her floor, the remaining days she went sans nap, which is not good for mommy. Nap time is the only precious time I have to get things done. So after six miserable days I convinced Steve to put the front rail back up and now everyone is happy again. She is sleeping until 7 am, taking her naps again with no fuss, and the earth has been realigned on its axis. Thank goodness!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Never say never
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment