Sunday, November 8, 2009

A look back....WAY back

Yikes, my last post was 10/22, the day before Grandma and Grandpa Bear were supposed to visit. Unfortunately Grandma Bear came down with a virus and they couldn't come, so now we won't get to see them until Thanksgiving.

We have been crazy busy here at Cub Central. On October 21st, after several days of unusually steady rain, we discovered a water leak in Emily's room. Actually, it pretty much announced itself. I walked into her room after dinner and found a "water balloon" making it's way down her wall. I had to take this picture because Steve wasn't home and I wanted him to see it before I "popped" it and drained the water into a bowl.



This lovely intrusion resulted in a week's worth of contractors coming in and removing the drywall, testing/treating for mold (mold test was negative but they treated anyway as a preventative measure), pulling up the carpet tack and base boards, repairing the roof leak, replacing everything, and repainting. I will say that our builder was very quick to get this repaired. We even had contractors here on Saturday. Thank goodness it was all covered by our warranty.

On Monday (10/26), the cubs received their seasonal flu shot and on Wednesday the cubs came down with a vicious case of the sniffles/coughs. UGH!!! Unbelievable. Fortunately they felt better by Halloween to go trick-or-treating for a little while.

I attended a baby shower on Sunday (11/01) for our good friends, Matt and Beth Ann. They are expecting a baby girl in December, and I was glad I got to see them again. It always seems that every time we try to get together someone (aka A CUB) gets sick. I just can't seem to get these cubs healthy. I'm sure it's because they are in preschool for the first time, but it just drags on and on.

We received approval for the pool from the HOA and had our preconstruction meeting on Friday, so we should be breaking ground as soon as permits are received from the City. VERY exciting.

Zach is still eating really well. Last night we took the cubs to CiCis pizza (original plan was to go to Chuck-E-Cheese, but it was packed) and there he ate the cheese topping from four slices of pizza. Emily, however, adamantly refused everything except black olives. It seems like they have swapped roles. Zach is doing well and Emily has become my picky eater. She turns her head and says "NO" very clearly. Can't believe this is the same girl that used to eat EVERYTHING except watermelon. Where did she go?

I will be sharing pictures of other recent happenings here at Cub Central...it's easier (and faster) to let the pictures speak for themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Do you plan on sharing Emily's cute outfits with Matt & BethAnn soon to be arrival? Please send our congratulations on to them.