I grabbed my calendar so I could blog about all the fun activities that we did last weekend.
I wanted to go to Mayfest on Saturday.
On the www.mayfest.org website:
"City of Fort Worth - official statement regarding closure of Mayfest.
MAYFEST 2009 IS CANCELED.
For 37 years Mayfest has been proud to be a part of the greater Fort Worth community. From all of us at Mayfest, thank you for your support and patronage.
Mayfest has a long, rich history of serving the Fort Worth community. The festival began in 1973 as a celebration of the beautification and improvement of the Trinity River and greenbelt.
Mayfest has now evolved into a four day family festival. The festival includes an Art Market, Children’s Area, Riverbank Area, Sports Area, The Zone (Teen Area), the Mayfest Run, Special Needs Day, Senior Citizen’s Day, Military Day and tremendous entertainment on over six different stages. There are a number of attractions, free activities and a delectable offering of food and beverage. From young to old, Mayfest includes something for everyone and strives to entertain the entire family."
BOO! Thanks Swine Flu. I think this was the first time Mayfest has ever been canceled.
Then I wanted to go to the Cook Children's NICU Reunion on Sunday. I thought it would be a really neat experience for the cubs to be reunited with the great nurses that took care of them during their first weeks here. Plus I was excited for the nurses to all see how well our miracle cubs are doing. We were unable to go last year because it was scheduled on their birthday weekend so we really made a special effort to go this year.
For www.cookchildrens.org website:
"The Cook Children's Neonatal/Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) reunion scheduled for Sunday, May 3, has been canceled as a precautionary measure..."
BOO! Thanks Swine Flu.
That sums up our family activities last weekend.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Boo to the Swine Flu.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment