Friday, May 29, 2009

We go all out.

So I haven't "officially" blogged since May 19th. Hmmm. It's funny that I don't think we've done very much, yet I feel like we've been so busy that my head is spinning. Perhaps it's because the cubs are getting older, are more active and taking shorter (if any) naps. I feel like I've been going non-stop from sunrise to sunset and yet I don't have much to blog about. We've been spending a lot more time outside and taking walks almost daily around the neighborhood. The cubs really like their stroller now, and when I bring it out they climb in all by themselves.

We've had some of our friends over now too. I always felt like the old house was too out of the way and the apartment was way too small to have our friends over. Now that we actually have some room to move, I thought it would be a good idea to invite over some of Emily and Zach's friends that have so graciously invited us over to play in the past. So we've been busy with playdates too, three in the last eleven days. I thought I better start out small so I have only invited one set of twins over at a time, but I might just get wild and invite over more than one set. Won't that be a huge circus of fun??

I've been pretty busy during the evenings too. My LCMOM meeting was May 19. My dinner with the THC girls was on May 21 at The Covey Restaurant and Brewery. Yummy. Next week is just as busy. GNO on Monday and my "scrapbooking" meeting on Tuesday. Steve's been really great about letting me get out and enjoy some adult/girl time while he stays home and puts the cubs to bed. Sometimes he'll even give them their baths. Way to go Stevie! It just seems funny that I have more of a social life now than I did before the cubs were here. Steve and I even have to use a calendar to plan out all of the week's events. HA!

The cubs both had a speech therapy visit last week as well. I obviously didn't expect much on the first visit and I wasn't disappointed. We didn't get much. In just a few weeks we'll be starting the feeding/speech clinics at TWU. I am still so excited and hopeful about it.

We had a surprise visit from our friend Brad on Saturday (the 23rd). He currently lives in Minot, ND, so we were really shocked when we received a call from him that he was here in town. Luckily Steve was off so we both were able to enjoy a short visit with him.

We purchased booster seats for the dining room chairs this week. So far Emily has done pretty well. Unfortunately they seem a little short so Emily's elbow is up to her chin as she tries to shovel in her food. Soon we'll move Zach into his and see how he does.

Today Zach treated me with what I would classify as one of his top three temper tantrums of all time. In public. In the witness of some friends, no doubt. NICE. We were at the park and he was in the swing which he just loves loves loves. When it was time to go, he threw a colossal fit. COLOSSAL!! Embarrassing. At least it was big enough to be note-worthy. Why not go all out?! If you're going to pitch a hissy fit in public, you should definitely make it a good one. Good job Zach. Maybe Mommy can convince Daddy to go swing-set shopping this weekend.

I'll try to post some fun pictures over the weekend. Stay tuned!

No comments: