Friday, May 22, 2009

Our sweet cubs.

Last Thursday I witnessed one of my favorite mommy moments. Steve and I were putting the cubs to bed and we told Emily to give Zach a hug. We, of course, received our usual response....the blank stare. Then I told Emily to give Zach a kiss....and she did it!! Then they both giggled. Such a sweet moment!

Since then Emily has been rubbing Zach's head, especially when he is upset. Yesterday he was sitting on the floor and Emily stood behind him and gave him a hug. So sweet. We're still waiting for Zach to return the favor. Emily is always getting L.E. (Zach's elephant) and giving it to him, but he is all boy. Right now his big thing is to take Emily's husky, throw him out of the room and close the door so Emily can't get to him. Hmmm. I guess we'll have to work on that.

They are playing together more now, rather than just the parallel play where they play next to each other. It is a constant laugh fest in their room (especially during nap-time). I just listen to all the giggling and squealing. Such sweet cubs.

No comments: