Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a special day for me, especially considering how long and difficult the road was to get me here. I definitely don't take it for granted. As I celebrate my third Mother's Day I reflect on how lucky we were to be able to undergo IVF and to have it be successful. We are so grateful to Dr. Nackley and Lisa, our embryologist, who paired up our little guys and watched over them from the very earliest stage. We are also grateful to Dr. Zwernemann and Dr. Thigpen who kept such a close eye on me during pregnancy so that our little miracles would be brought into the world as safely as possible. We also thank the Doctors and nurses at Cook Children's who took care of Emily and Zach during their first weeks. I remember celebrating my first Mother's Day in the NICU and praying for the day that I could bring them home. What a difference two years makes. Today we celebrated our third Mother's Day at home together.








1 comment:

Auntie Leslie said...

Cute pics! Can't believe how big they are!!