Monday, October 13, 2008

Two weeks behind....how did that happen?

So I guess the last time I blogged about the going-ons of Cub Central was two weeks ago. Shame on me for not keeping up!

I had a girls night out on Monday, Sept. 29. These nights just don't come around often enough.

Steve participated in a charity golf tournament on Saturday, Oct. 4. I'm really glad that he was able to do something for himself, but it sure made for a really long day. He worked that morning and teed off that afternoon, so he was gone ALL day.

We had our pre-construction meeting on October 6th. I can't believe we are really going through with this. Very exciting, yet very scary at the same time. So we've reviewed the floor plans, put in our change orders, put down more $$ (UGH), and now we're waiting on permitting. In the meantime we've reserved an apartment. I'm not looking forward to apartment living again, but it's an easier pill to swallow knowing that it is temporary. The apartment will be ready on November 22, so I have a lot to do before that. Then we'll put the house on the market and pray that it sells quickly.

I have volunteered to take over the Librarian position on the LCMOM board. Should be interesting juggling that responsibility with everything else we have going on. It's always a circus here at Cub Central.

This past Sunday we took the Cubs to the pumpkin patch. I think they had a lot of fun running around and burning off all that energy. We tried to take some pictures of the cubs together (I'll post later) but that didn't happen very often. Emily would run off in one direction and Zach would take off in the other. So it pretty much consisted of Steve chasing after Emily and me trying to keep an eye on Zach. All while trying to snap some photos. I think we got a few decent ones, but by the time it was over I was exhausted. Our Emily is going to be a power lifter when she grows up. She actually managed to briefly pull Zach around in a wagon. We were impressed. Photos of that to come later as well.

Of course now Zach is suffering from the runny nose/sniffles. Little man must have some allergy issues. UGH....so I'm still chasing Zach, only this time it's with a handful of kleenex. It's a tough job being the circus ringleader.

No comments: