Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rewind one week....

I am so far behind that I need to track back to January 28....Girl's night with some of the other moms from my moms of multiples club. No one needs a drink more than we do...and my raspberry margarita did not disappoint. YUM! I could have used a triple!

We had a big party to attend on Saturday (the same day we had to trek up to Plano to reselect our tile and granite) for Izzy and Maddie's first birthday. I think the cubs had a lot of fun. I didn't even manage to get any good pictures of the birthday girls...they were buried in presents most of the time. Because I was chasing Z-man around most of the time I didn't get many pics of the cubs either. Here are the few I managed to get:

Zach trying his hardest to be the center of attention:


Zach caught red handed with someone else's water. Thief:


Emily caught red handed running off with my cell phone (she even managed to call Kelli with it). The other thief:


Outside playing with bubbles:


We drove by the house on our way home and snapped a few more pics of the monsters cubs.

Zach screaming in delight. He loves hearing his echo!


Emily on the run:


Who's there, Emily?


The cubs are fascinated by something:


Checking out the stairs:


Zach working his way upstairs:


We did our very best that day to wear the cubs out and they were exhausted by bedtime. We all welcomed a good night's sleep.

The next Monday was another night out with the girls. It almost sounds like mom has a social life, doesn't it? It also came with another raspberry margarita...those things are yummy!

On Wednesday Emily had a Doctor appointment with her new pediatrician. We just wanted to get her established and meet the Doctor. I love our new Doctor and wish we would have switched a long time ago. She listened to all of my questions, she played with Emily, and actually answered all of my questions. Amazing!

On Thursday I took the cubs to a place called Paradise Pond. It is a little play area at one of the churches in Grapevine. It had a big jungle gym, a bounce house, and lots of little "stations" for the cubs to play. Emily had a great time in the "grocery store". She looked at every item before she decided it was good enough to go into her shopping cart. She took that shopping cart everywhere with her. They had a "dress up" station and an area full of Legos. I tried my hardest to get Zach to play in the jungle gym or the bounce house but he was perfectly content running around the place. He must have ran 100 laps around that place. I was exhausted chasing after him. This is also an activity that requires an extra person to help keep an eye on both cubs. Luckily Emily was content in the grocery store area so I had time to run after Zach. If I go back I am going to dress them in bright neon yellow T-shirts so they will be easier to spot. Or maybe I will just get them implanted with a homing device.

No comments: