Who said building a house was fun? Sure, it was a little fun to pick out all the things that would go in it (except for the part where you doubt every decision you make) but the fun comes to a screeching halt when there is a problem.
First the Travertine:
I received an email late Friday afternoon notifying us that there is a problem with our Travertine -- the batch they received was defective. We were given three options: 1) Wait for a month for the new shipment, 2) Upgrade to the next class of travertine tile at no charge, or 3) Pick a completely new tile. So on Saturday we drove out to Plano to see if we liked the upgraded travertine. Steve and I both decided that it would be fine. It had a little more gray color in it than our original tile selection, but it would work better that the other two options we were given.
Now to the Granite:
Not even 10 minutes after I got the email about the tile I received another email about the granite: "One more thing…our granite rep has brought to our attention that currently the Golden Pearl granite is coming out slightly different than our show room sample. I have a sample of it here for you and I wanted to bring this to your attention so that there are no “surprises” when it is installed". Apparently there are now random splotches of rust color throughout the granite. Steve and I looked at the "new" sample and we both hated it...instantly. There is no way the rust color was going to go with the mahogany cabinets. Steve and I informed them that we would rather select a different granite than be stuck with one we didn't like, so we selected another color. Now all we had to do was wait until Monday to find out if they were going to let us change it. It was a good thing that I received an email on Monday letting us know that they were going to let us change the granite. GOOD THING!! There is nothing worse than a redhead spinning off into outer space over ugly granite countertops. Somebody must have warned them.
And back to the travertine:
Then, yesterday I received an email about the upgraded tile: "Hi again…it looks like the tile that you came in to look at on Saturday is now on back order. I apologize for this…but I do have good news…the original selection will now be available by Friday, so we can have that installed for you." WHAT??? Not only did we drive all the way out to Plano (with the cubs) but now we aren't even getting our free upgrade. UGH!! They giveth and then they taketh away. What will it be next?
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
They giveth and they taketh away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment