Monday, February 16, 2009

They giveth back....update to 'they taketh away'

All fenced in...


Housing update! The garage doors have been installed and the gutters are being hung. I'm not sure I like the garage doors, but I guess I can live with them. It looks like a great big asterisk, but that's what happens when you pick something from a black and white, one-dimensional, pencil drawing. The fence is up. The light fixtures are in and cabinets are in place. The whirlpool tub has been delivered but not yet installed. (Can't wait for my first soak!) The Travertine has been laid and the ceramic tile for the shower and tub surrounds have all been installed too. As for the Travertine, we did get the free upgrade after I sent a nice little email to them. So kudos for that! It's been very busy at the house and there really isn't too much left to do. We still need the cabinets stained and the granite and carpet installed. We are now looking at a completion date at the end of March. YIKES! We are going to paint some of the rooms after closing, so we aren't planning on officially moving in until mid-April. We have the lease on the apartment until June, so we don't have to rush. For once we can take our time moving in and for the first time ever we can actually unpack our things. Since we got married we have never really unpacked since we knew everything was temporary. Our home in New Mexico - temporary, our first apartment - temporary, our first home - temporary (we anticipated being there only 5 years and we actually made it last a little longer), our next home - permanent (or so we hope) and I am UNPACKING!

No comments: