Saturday, February 13, 2010

It never fails...

I finally get Zach feeling better and in true Cub Central fashion...now Emily is sick. Naturally. In my previous post, I mentioned that she came down with a fever on Sunday evening. I took her to the Doctor on Monday because she had a CONSTANT dry cough, and everything was ok, the Doctor suspected that she just had a cold and told me to keep alternating the Motrin and Tylenol to manage fever. Poor thing ended up getting worse and by Thursday she had stopped eating, drinking, had a productive cough, and was totally refusing her Tylenol and Motrin. I knew something was wrong because she normally gobbles up her medicine like it's candy. Steve took her to the Doctor where she was diagnosed with bronchiolitis. Poor baby is now getting breathing treatments and an antibiotic. She is doing better now, thank goodness! Her fever finally broke on Friday after getting up to 104 (with the antibiotic!) and freaking us all out again, but she loved the lukewarm bath and I think that helped a lot. She is still pretty fussy, and her eating/drinking is still below par, but at least the fever is gone. I can't wait until the cubs are healthy again, this has been a rough winter season at Cub Central.

No comments: