Monday, February 22, 2010

Our busy weekend

While Steve was working in the yard on Saturday morning, the cubs and I went to Jennifer's for a playdate with Andrew and Matthew. It is so funny how playdates still consist of four little people doing separate little people things. There really is no "playing together". The cubs had a ton of fun running up and down the stairs, mom was a little worn out almost dead by lunch time. Thank goodness for the mimosa I had to raise my blood sugar back up after all that exercise.

That afternoon Steve and I took the cubs to run some errands. We then went to Jason's Deli for dinner. We were brave and decided to let the cubs sit in "big" chairs, and much to our surprise they did really well. They were a little restless towards the end, but overall it wasn't a terrible experience.

As we were walking from the car I asked Emily if she wanted to hold Zach's hand and she went and grabbed it. It was so cute watching them holding hands and walking together.

On Sunday we took the cubs to Grapevine Mills....sans stroller. The cubs walked the entire mall. I thought they did great. They held hands there too. They did get a bit fussy around lunch time and Emily refuses to hold my hand once we enter a store, so that was a bit trying at times. That was a lot of walking for their little legs. They did enjoy a very lengthy nap as soon as we got home!

Emily's newest thing....high fives! She wants a 'high five' for everything. "Mommy, I did it. High five." Very cute, except when she comes into our room at 5 am. "Mommy, high five." Good thing she's cute!

Zach answered me in Spanish a few days ago. I asked if he had a dirty diaper...."SI" was his response. And he was right. Good thing he's cute!

No comments: