***SIGH*** Where to start??
We'll start with the good. Last Tuesday night was my LCMOM's meeting (Mothers of Multiplies). Basically I love any excuse to get out of the house. Unfortunately it was scrapbook night. I'm not a big scrapbooker. I have tried and just don't have the time to do it. I made a scrapbook for my Mom of the Cubs' first six months. She will probably see the Cub's second six month scrapbook when they are twelve. I have the greatest of intentions, but never the time to fit everything in. Anyway, it was still good to get out and visit with the other moms. On a side note, I was asked to be the Social Chairmom. Planning parties and such. Obviously they are unaware that Steve plans everything for us. He has planned every one of our vacations (except our Honeymoon). I have never planned a single party in my life...not one. This is totally beyond my limitations and I respectfully declined. On Wednesday night, Mom got to enjoy another night out with the girls from THC. We went to a Mexican restaurant and I stuffed myself with enchiladas. Yum! The Cubs and I went to Kelli's for a playdate on Thursday. I always enjoy our playdates and I think the cubs had a great time too. It was such a beautiful day that we took a nice walk around her neighborhood. Zach had his eyes closed most of the time. He is a little vampire and doesn't care much for the sunlight. I keep trying to get him to wear sunglasses but he won't stand for it. They are more fun to play with than to wear. Emily found that the stroll was the perfect opportunity to squeeze in her nap. So we extended our walk for a few more blocks so Emily could snooze. I learned that I am out of shape. By the time we were finished I needed a nap.
Now for the bad and the ugly. Zach is sick, sick, sick. We're not talking the usual sniffles. Friday night he had a slight fever so I gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed. On Saturday he still had a fever, so Steve took him to Care Now, an urgent care clinic, that afternoon. The Doctor said his tonsils were a little swollen but his strep test came back negative, so we were instructed to keep giving him Tylenol. Saturday was horrible. I couldn't get him to eat or drink anything. I freak out when he doesn't eat, but I know how important fluids are when you are sick with a fever, so I really freaked out when I couldn't get him to drink. I tried water, juice, Pediasure, Pedialyte in sippy cups, straw cups, bottles (UGH), and even in Mommy's cup....nothing. Tylenol didn't seem to help and his fever wasn't coming down. He threw up everything I tried to feed him. Sunday didn't start out as bad, at least I got him to eat a little yogurt, but that was all, and he still had his fever. I called the care clinic as soon as they opened on Sunday morning and asked them why an antibiotic wasn't prescribed. After two phone calls with the nurse explaining that we have now passed our 36th hour of fever, we got our antibiotic on Sunday night. However, Sunday night was even worse. He wanted to be held but squirmed when you held him. If I put him down, he screamed. He cried and cried. Still no eating and even less drinking. Poor Daddy was up with him most of the night. I was in the other room crying out of frustration because little man still wouldn't drink or eat. He even threw up his medicine. I was so relieved when he finally fell asleep around 2 am. Monday morning I finally got little man to drink some water and eat some yogurt, but his little lips were so chapped that they started bleeding. I know he's lost weight because the skin over his stomach is loose like little old man skin. We called our new pediatrician and got him right in. Steve took him while I stayed home with Emily. The Doctor said that his tonsils were still very swollen but the antibiotics should start helping him. (I'm still peeved that we weren't prescribed this on Saturday. One shouldn't have to fight so hard to get treatment for their child.) Steve said Zach liked her and that he gave her one of his flirty smiles. Great. Never too sick to flirt. He is doing a little better now. He ate some fruit at lunch and his favorite Gerbers chicken at dinner. He still isn't drinking his Pediasure, which is his main source of nutrition, but at least he'll take a few sips of juice and water. It took forever to get him to go to sleep, but once he did he slept most of the night. Steve and I even got a few hours of sleep. It was a really rough weekend, we were all sleep deprived and exhausted...except for Emily. That little girl can sleep through anything. She wasn't phased by this at all. I'm jealous.
It is now Tuesday morning at 4:30 am and I am praying that things go better today. The crazy weather here isn't helping one bit and I know that we are going to be cooped up inside all day. It was 80 degrees on Friday (absolutely beautiful) and last night and today we are under an "Ice Storm Warning". I didn't even know it was coming. I received an email from work yesterday morning with an inclement weather number to call and didn't know why I got it. Now I know. That's what happens when you don't watch the news. We can only get Handy Manny, Curious George, and Sesame Street on our TV, and it's always a beautiful day on Sesame Street, "sunny day, sweeping the clouds away, on my way to where the air is sweet". Lesson of the day: don't get your weather report from Sesame Street. Unless it's from the Grouch News Network....Oscar would say the weather is "Crummy. I love it. Now SCRAM!"
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
What a week! The good, the bad, and the ugly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment