Monday, August 24, 2009

The calm before the storm

Things here still continue to drag on pretty slowly. I think we are trying to appreciate the down time before school starts. T minus 15 days, 23 hours, 32 minutes and 36 seconds, not that I'm counting or anything. I am pretty excited to have six hours per week to myself. I am also very excited that the cubs will be receiving direction from someone other than myself. They really need the socialization and structure that preschool will provide. I am a little worried that I will receive that phone call on the first day asking me to come pick up my wild cubs. Please, please, please don't get expelled from preschool, my little ones!!

Emily and Zach are doing well. They are getting over the cold/allergies that brought us to a halt a week and a half ago. They are getting bigger everyday...and more stubborn. Emily is displaying the redhead temper and Zach must have a little red in there too, because he can throw a fit with the best of them. The cubs are officially in the "terrible twos". Double the fun, right? They both babble but I still have trouble making out anything. People tell me they are saying words, but apparently I need a translator. Hopefully preschool and speech therapy will move the talking along. I've been trying to work on potty training with Emily but not having much success. It would be easier if 1) we were home more and 2) she could tell me when she needed to go. UGH!

We are working on decorating. We've been in the house since April and I finally ordered curtain rods. They should be here tomorrow. It will probably take us another five months to get them installed.

We are tossing around the idea of getting an inground pool. Since we are planning on living here a long time, we thought it would be fun for the cubs. Doesn't every kid want a pool? Plus, with the cryptospiridium issues at the local pools, this would be a much safer alternative. Who knew there would be so many options to consider? Diving vs. play, slides vs. waterfalls, saltwater vs. chlorinated, on and on and on. Then we have to deal with our HOA. It shouldn't be too much of a problem since it seems like everyone here is getting one put in, but leave it to us to have an "issue". We are planning on having several companies out for estimates and if we don't pass out from the price tag, we may have a pool for next summer.

Steve has been trying to get in some golf on Wednesdays. I still have my Nights out with the girls. I went out with the girls from THC last Thursday to Buttons ("food and music for the soul"). I always enjoy good food and good company (and good wine).

I've been pretty lazy on the picture taking. It's just been a boring couple of weeks around here, but look for tons of pictures next month. We will be very busy here at Cub Central!

No comments: