Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chew Chew (as opposed to "Choo Choo")

I've been very hesitant to write about this because as soon as I do, I will jinx it....but I am so excited that I decided to risk it anyway. Little Man has finally figured out the art of chewing! He still isn't tackling crunchy foods yet but at least we are seeing progress. The big event happened last Thursday at lunch. I made Emily some Eggo french toast sticks. I gave one to Zach simply to entertain him while I finished making the cubs' lunch. Twice he took big bites with his back teeth and CHEWED it. One bite was big enough that I was worried that he would choke on it, but he chewed it up. He even fussed when I tried to take it away from him. Amazing. That evening he ate several small french fries...and taking bites, not just the microscopic nibbles that we are used to. He now eats rice and scrambled eggs too! Woo hoo!!

2 comments:

susanigan's said...

That is awesome news!!!

Jenny Henriksen said...

That is wonderful news! Way to go Zach:) We have been keeping up with you, but I haven't commented. Keep up the great work Mommy-the cubs look great:)