Thursday, August 6, 2009

A little kitchen decorating.

We celebrated Steve's birthday on Tuesday by grilling shrimp and Filet Mignons (from Omaha Steaks - thank you Auntie Leslie and Uncle Craig!!) on our new grill (thank you Grandma Shirley and Grandpa John!!). Dinner sure was yummy.

After dinner I decided I would do some organizing in the game room upstairs. I had a stack of things to move into the attic. Things were moving along smoothly until I lost my footing and punched a delightful hole in our kitchen ceiling with my size 8.5 shoe. Lord knows it couldn't have been in a closet or the pantry where it wasn't so noticibly visible. So, Happy Birthday Steve, I hope you enjoy the personalization I added to our kitchen.

I didn't take a picture of my "decorative touch" because it made me sick to look at it. On the bright side, I was able to get the contractors over yesterday (how's that for service??) and I did take a picture of the lovely patch that we will be taking time out of our "family weekend plans" to paint.

No comments: