Last Saturday my LCMOMs group hosted a pool party. I thought Zach would love it. He loves water. He loves to wash his hands and take baths. He loves to play in the pool and with the water hose. He's a fish. Emily doesn't like any of those things as much as Zach does. She's getting there, slowly but surely. However, on this particular Saturday, Emily did far better than Zach. She went right into the pool with Daddy. She even fell into the water face first, which I thought she would have come back up screaming, but she just wiped her eyes and kept going. Zach screamed the whole time. He did not want to be there. I really think it was just too cold for him. The party started at 10am and the water was really quite cold. I think if it would have been an evening pool party, Zach would have loved it since the water would have been warmed by the sun. I am not discouraged. I know he loves water and will eventually love the big people pool. Right now he's perfectly content with his little people pool.
Emily in the big people pool (I can't believe she left her hat on!!):
Screaming Zach:
The best part of the day for Zach....anywhere OUT of the pool.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Reversed roles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment