Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mom feels the love

Emily loves to go "bye-bye". LOVES it. She often brings me her shoes, or she puts them on herself, and stands by the garage door chanting "bye-bye, bye-bye" because she wants to go somewhere. When Daddy is at home, if he even attempts to walk down the hallway that leads to the garage, Emily has a FIT. She is so afraid that he is going someplace without her. By fit I mean tears, red face, on the ground kicking and screaming FIT. I had a dinner date with several girlfriends at Coal Vines last Thursday. As I was leaving I told the Cubs that I was going "bye-bye". I thought Emily would get upset, but instead she walked to the garage door, opened it, and waved to me and said "bye-bye". Steve asked Zach if he wanted to come tell me "bye bye", so Zach came to the door, looked directly at me, and then proceeded to slam the door in my face. OUCH! Mom feels the love. Dad certainly doesn't get this reaction when he goes somewhere. I pretty much got the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" reaction. Yep. I feel SO loved.

No comments: