Today was a busy day. I took the day off for a badly needed "mental health day", and I actually slept in as long as the cubs would let me. After breakfast we all went to Kelli's for a mid-morning play-date. Kelli's twin girls are just 5 months old, so they weren't quite sure what to think about my monsters. Her little girls are so sweet. I remember the days when you could set the babies down and they would stay right where you put them. Mine are WAY past that. They don't sit still for anything. It was so obvious that the cubs had a lot of fun exploring Miss Kelli's house. Up and down the hallway, over and over and over (and over again), and they just laughed the whole time. I thought for sure they would be exhausted, so after a few hours I brought them home, positive they would take a nice long nap. Yeah, whatever! Today's only nap was taken during the car ride home. I can't thank Kelli enough for inviting us over. She probably thinks that I have OCD because I was so worried that the cubs would break something or tear something up. It's different when your child breaks something that belongs to us, but I would really hate it if they broke something that belongs to someone else. Anyway, I had a great time, and hopefully we'll be able to do it again soon.
I tinkered with Zach's feedings today. I started giving him 1/2 formula with 1/2 whole milk in his bottles, so we will see how he does. We are still supplementing with powder to add the extra calories, but we need to start making the transition away from formula. I am so hoping that this works for Little Man.
This evening was one of my girls' nights out. Originally it was just me and Jackey and has now expanded to a group of several girls. We all used to work together at THC. Now we've all taken different paths, so it's nice to get together and catch up once a month. Tonight we met at Le Madeleine's. I am still full from my soup, salad & 1/2 sandwich. Yummy!
The cubs were both asleep when I got home. I LOVE watching them sleep. So sweet, peaceful and innocent! The perfect ending to a great day. I'm going to go steal another peek on my way to bed.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Mental health day
Labels:
friends,
Z's eating
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment