Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our little Picasso

The tides have changed. Last month I blogged about Zach's 20 day no-puke streak (shame on me!) and I was worried that saying anything at all would jinx our progress (but I was so proud of him and wanted to share that) and it HAS! I've jinxed it! When will I learn?? Of the last four days, Zach has "returned his food" three of those days. And today he did it three times, and we haven't even had dinner yet.

Today has been a crappy day overall. And I mean that literally. This morning (sometime between 4:30 and 7:00 AM) Zach decided to create "artwork" with his poo. It was everywhere...on his sheets, his jammies (PJs), his hands and even on his cute little poo-covered face. I was horrified, but I managed to calmly gather up little man, strip him (miraculously without getting any on me), and give him a bath. Then I returned to "his studio" and stripped all the bedding, brought out my trusty can of Lysol, and sprayed everything! I did manage to snap a few photos, of which I'll spare you, but I knew Steve wouldn't understand the extent of Zach's "artwork" without seeing it. So since he was unable to witness the start of my crappy day in person, it will forever be remembered in photos.

Emily is doing well. Bless her heart. Who knew she would become "the easy baby"?? (For now anyway, I've probably just jinxed that too.) When she was an infant, she would just start screaming when she was hungry. No warning. We used to joke that she could go from 0 to 60 in three seconds. Now I never really have anything to share because she generally does so well. Eating is not an issue with her, she pretty much likes everything. As long as I get it to her fast enough. Today she tried sliced cheese, and being my daughter, she loved it (of course)!

Both cubs clap their hands, which I think is just adorable. Zach is starting to stand up for himself. If Emily takes his toy, he now tries to take it back. And he did throw his first little mini-tantrum today when I took a toy away from him. It's so hard not to laugh at him. Our little Picasso is even cute when he's having a temper tantrum.

No comments: