Aliens have abducted our cubs and replaced them with MONSTERS! While they look identical to my cubs, I know these are not mine. This has been a less than stellar week. "Temper-tantrum Tuesday" is now replaced with "Totally Terrible Tuesday", and was SO bad that it blended into "How could it get any Worse? Wednesday".
It started Monday with Zach waking up from his nap with a fever slightly over 101. So I started the doses of Tylenol. He had been spitting up more than normal (which has officially blown our 47 day no-puke streak), so I figured he just had a bug. On "Totally Terrible Tuesday", he still had his temperature and was just miserable. He wouldn't eat, drink or sleep. It is very distressing to Mom when Zach won't eat OR drink. I can just visualize the pounds float away on my anemic/bulimic little man. **SIGH** So young and already having eating issues. He wanted to be held every second (VERY unusual for him), which is very difficult when his sister is also screaming for attention. I finally got him down for a nap, but when he woke up, he was just burning up, and he still had several hours before I could give him any more Tylenol. When he was crying so much he made himself throw up, I packed him and Emily up and off we went to meet Steve at the Doctor's office. So after sitting in the waiting room for over an hour, we get our five minute consult with the Dr., who seems to think he has a stomach bug. He says it should last between 3-5 days. GREAT! Keep giving him fluids. Um, right. How does one give fluids to a 15-month-old who doesn't want them, and can force himself to throw up if you tick him off??? Good luck with that! Can't we fast forward to next Friday already???
On "How could it get any worse? Wednesday", sure enough, it got worse. No eating, No drinking, No sleeping. Mom and Dad are both exhausted, frustrated and even more fussy than the cubs. Emily also had a little fever, because it's "highly contagious" per Dr. Genius. UGH! God, please let me survive this, at least until next Friday!!! If you see any aliens flying around, will you please ask them to return my cubs and take these monsters back?!?!
So Thursday was a repeat of Wednesday, with just a little less fuss. I think the cubs are feeling a little better. Zach still isn't eating or drinking much, but at least the crying is starting to lighten up. Steve and I are also thinking that maybe with this fever causing bug, we are also suffering from some teething issues on top of it.
Now it's Friday. One more week until my "Girl's Get-away". The light at the end of the tunnel. Thankfully Emily is feeling better and acting more like herself. Zach is still pretty fussy, but it is getting better. At least he will sit by himself without screaming his head off. So far today, no spit ups. Of course, I guess if you don't eat much, you have less to spit up. **SIGH**
In the midst of this, we still have some items worthy of noting. I've spent a lot of time this week rocking Zach in the recliner. Little Emily has become quite fond of bringing things over and giving them to me while I'm sitting. For instance, today she brought me every throw pillow we have on our love seat and couch. Zach and I were covered with ruby-colored pillows. It is so adorable to watch her and she is so proud of herself. I always tell her "thank you" and I always get her adorable smile, then off she goes for another one.
She still gives the greatest bear hugs. She "runs", throws her arms around you, and laughs. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is one of the highlights of my day. I ask her for hugs ALL THE TIME! Zach, on the other hand, has become quite stingy with his hugs. I normally hold my arms out, ask for said hug, and he comes to me and gives me one. Lately, I hold my arms out, ask for a hug, and he comes all the way to my fingertips and turns around and walks off. He may think this is funny, but Mommy's feelings are slightly hurt. Where is that alien abductor? I want my huggy Zach back!
Emily also likes to walk around with a teething ring on each arm. Such a little priss sporting her "bracelets". She'll stand there with her "bracelets" on and just clap her friends. Soooo cute. I have already told Emily that diamonds are a girl's best friend. Daddy is in BIG trouble. How convenient that the diamond is also her birth stone. Daddy's credit card is in BIG trouble.
Last night for dinner I made spaghetti, which Emily gobbled right up. I gave Zach a few strands, just to keep him entertained, and he actually put one in his mouth. He even swallowed some. Wow. Of course, in true Zach fashion, he threw it up. The fact that he put it in his mouth to begin with is a pretty big deal around here. It gives me hope that Zach may eat something other than pureed food before he enters Kindergarten.
I hope that alien brings back my cubs ASAP! Things need to get back to normal around here.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Aliens have abducted our cubs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment