Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Randomness

My Uncle from New York state used to send emails sharing the prices of the basic necessities, such as gas, milk, bread, etc. and I was always fascinated by how things were always so much more expensive there. Tonight was one of my girl's night out and on my drive home I noticed that the price of gas was only $3.34 at our local station. I'm already pocketing my savings. So to all our out of state readers, you are always welcome to come to Texas!

Last night was my LCMOM (Mom of multiples) meeting. Another chance for Mom to enjoy conversation with people not under the age of two.

Steve and I have given great thought to whether or not we should continue with the Nutrition visits for Zach. In all honesty, the only reason that I have kept doing them is to keep up with his weight, and he's really been doing pretty good. At our last visit, the Nutritionist said to just keep on doing what we're doing. Most of the things she's recommended haven't really worked anyway. (I think I sound a little frustrated.) Her visits have been so sporadic, and she's missed three already, plus I just found out last night that apparently we had an appointment for this morning. NICE! Sure wish someone would have told me. Luckily, the message last night was to cancel this morning's appointment. Go figure! I think we'll cancel it permanently.

I also have decided to let go of some of my OCD issues. I have been keeping track of every milliliter of formula that Zach has eaten. I've done this since the first day we brought him home, when he weighed less than four pounds. I have been totally trained by the NICU and I've been so concerned about his weight gain (or lack thereof) that I haven't been able to let it go. Every doctor appointment or nutrition appointment, the first question is "How much is he eating?" That's a hard question to answer when you are in a "twin fog". So I kept track all this time. Last Thursday I let it go. I don't really think my OCD was helping anyone. Zach is a happy, active little guy and I need to worry less about his eating issues. I guess it's ok (for now) that he doesn't eat solids. The Doctors don't seem to be concerned even though I bring it up at every appointment. I'm sure he won't enter Kindergarten without knowing how to eat, so he has 3 1/2 years to figure it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could be closer to spend time with the "miracles". They look like they are the happiest, most loved, wonderful "miracles" to be around.