Sunday, August 3, 2008

Where to begin??

Our stroller arrived on Thursday...now that's service. Steve says it looks exactly like he expected it to. I was hoping for a little more vibrant orange. It looks more like rust or burnt orange, but it's not too bad. It handles so much easier than our Graco. It's a planning process when we journey out because you have to give thought to which stroller would be easier to use. The Graco fits through much tighter spaces, so when going to the mall, the Graco is the far better choice to squeeze through (and sometimes even it is too big...who designs the layouts of these stores??). When going to the zoo, the City Mini wins hands down. Plus there is no more kicking and hair pulling. If only there was such a thing as the perfect stroller....

On Friday, the cubs and I met up with Kelli and her twins at the mall....in the Graco. I thought it went really well except that Zach returned his lunch...thank heavens I had put a bib on him, because I had forgotten to bring a change of clothes. This is the first time he has ever thrown up his lunch in public, but we got through it. The cubs even managed a brief nap and Kelli and I were able to eat lunch almost like real adults do.

Our first attempt at home-made baby food didn't go too well. It was easy enough to make, but the cubs didn't care for it. I wasn't surprised at all by Zach's reaction, but I totally expected Emily to gobble up the veggies. I tried carrots, green beans, and peas, separately and together, and she refused them all after just one bite. I am not giving up. I'm sure she'll eat them after she gets used to it.

Steve had off this weekend which was pretty unusual. We loaded up the cubs yesterday and took them to the mall. It was far less pleasant than the trip the day before. Emily was a major fuss bucket! We only got to go into a few stores before we decided to pack them up and come home. The only bright spot of the trip was watching Emily navigate her first small set of stairs. There were only six, but she looked pretty adorable waddling up the stairs. We also let Zach out of the stroller to walk in the mall. Our little man is quite the speed walker.

For dinner last night Steve requested my italian version of shrimp scampi. This is big! I made it the first time on Thursday and Steve said it was good! I usually get an "it's ok" or "it's not bad", so receiving a "good" is the equivalent to a five-star rating from him. Whoo hoo! We've been married almost eight years, and I finally got a "good"! So twice this week we had shrimp scampi. I thought it was pretty good too, but it probably is not on my diet.

Steve and the cubs have their little ritual before bed. Steve and Emily usually share a banana, and then they all chase each other around the couches. I love hearing the cubs laugh. It is the greatest sound in the world. I think Steve enjoys the playtime together except that he always complains about needing knee pads. I think he's just getting old.

For Steve's birthday I sent him to get a Sports Massage. It's not an original idea, he does it for me all the time, but I know he's been working hard and could use it. We hope he has a happy birthday!!

No comments: