I have returned from Sin City....the city that never sleeps. I have come to the conclusion that if you want to get away for a relaxing vacation, this is NOT the place to go. I had a blast, but there are way too many things to do so there is not much time left to relax. A lot has changed since Steve and I were there last. The City Center project is under construction and it will be quite impressive once complete. The construction dust played havoc with my allergies, and I can't even remember what once stood there. Some sidewalks were closed which made navigating a little tricky, and it was hot and humid so it felt a lot like home.
(City Center project. Note the size of the cars for reference. HUGE!)
We arrived early Friday morning, checked in, took a quick stroll around the Miracle Mile Shops and then headed directly to the spa at Caesars. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 dollars. With the exception of a short lunch, we spent ALL day at the spa. If it weren't for our dinner plans, I probably would have stayed until they closed. The staff would have had to kick me out. It was wonderful. We then ended the evening with a dinner at Koi. Very yummy! (Me with Kelli and my birthday dessert...fondue! YUM!!)
On Saturday we walked. Enough said! I can't remember the last time I walked so much. I think we went to every major hotel/casino on the strip. We started at the M&M store, and then headed to the MGM to see the lions. (Don't mess with these guys! Swifty and Bently, over 400 lbs each.)
After that we went to the Luxor, Excalibur and Mandalay Bay, then onward to New York New York and the Monte Carlo. Then we spent some time at the Bellagio. The Conservatory was just beautiful (even though I couldn't stop sneezing after we left...stupid sunflowers) and we did see the world's largest chocolate fountain. We wandered through the Forum Shops at Caesars, then headed to the Venetian/Palazzo. Whew! After all of this, we ended up taking a cab back to the hotel. But we weren't finished. That was just Saturday day. Saturday night we started with dinner at the Wynn and then walked to TI to watch the outdoor show, then headed to the Bellagio to watch the famous fountains. I still think they are spectacular. Finished yet??? Not quite. We bravely boarded a bus to the Fremont St. Experience. It was an experience. One last cab ride home and the day was complete. (It sounds silly, but I could probably watch these fountains for hours. So fascinating!)
We left early Sunday to return back to reality. It was great to see the cubs. I missed them and thought about them the whole time. I think they had a great time with Dad. They went to the Zoo and had some good quality time together. I'm not sure they missed me as much as I missed them. (Our amazing little miracle cubs, I couldn't wait to see them!! All clean and sparkly!)
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Viva Las Vegas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Mom. Looks like you enjoyed your R&R in Vegas. When will you be coming to Seattle for a little R&R?
Post a Comment