It's been a week since my last cub report and I am struggling to remember what happened over the past seven days. My memory just isn't what it used to be....I've been told that I have "Mom"nesia, a brain sucking occurrence that strikes most moms of multiples.
The most important event of the week was a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Bear. They arrived on Saturday to cubsit for us and we can't thank them enough for it (see next post). Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
The time changed this weekend, which I guess I find noteworthy because it is affecting me so much. I always loved the fall time change because it meant that I could get an extra hour of sleep. Unfortunately someone forgot to inform the cubs of that little detail and I am paying for it. I want my extra hour! Yesterday everyone was grouchy, especially the cubs. Today was much better.
Zach's eating has been going pretty well. I'm sure that since I mentioned it, I have jinxed it entirely. Today he had real macaroni and cheese and some baked potato. He kept it all down and I am doing the happy dance. Don't you wish you could see it? I am SO excited that we are finally starting to make some progress.
Emily has been doing great. She eats everything under the sun and is becoming Mommy's little helper. She brings me things when I leave them within her reach (most notable is the TV remote). Today I told her to take something to Zach and she did it. Next week I'll have her unloading the dishwasher and folding clothes! Just kidding, but I am impressed with her ability to understand me even though she doesn't verbally respond to me in a language I can understand. She blabbers all day long and I have yet to understand any of it.
At their 18 month check up the Dr. noted that he thinks their little molars may be starting to work their way out. I am dreading that. I hear they are the most painful. Emily can't shove her little hands in her mouth far enough, and I have to mop up after her all day long. I have never seen so much drool. I have stocked up on teething rings and baby Tylenol because I know it is just around the corner.
On a sad note, my grandmother fell last week and was hospitalized, but we are now happy to report that she has been released and is at home. We are hoping that she is resting comfortably and that she is back up on her feet in no time. We miss her and we don't get to see her as often as we would like, but we are always thinking of her!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Cub report
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment