Monday, November 3, 2008

Designs and dilemmas

We had our first design appointment on Saturday. Four hours and we're only 40% complete on our selections. What a long four hours it was. It wasn't that Steve and I couldn't agree on things. It was more like we didn't really like any of the choices. Nothing really jumped out to us that said "this is the one". Now we're second guessing everything we selected. Good thing is that nothing is set in stone yet, so we can go back and make changes. We are undecided on the flooring (wood floors vs. travertine), undecided on interior paint, and don't even mention the master bath (cabinets, granite and ceramic tile selections are all up in the air). We are definitely going to have to spend some time looking at the other houses to see what goes well together. I didn't even mention that practically everything is an upgrade. Ching ching. I can see the dollars evaporating. I am freaking out. For example, a silverware drawer for the kitchen cabinetry is $160. Steve said for that price the darn drawer better open up and hand him a fork. Thanks but no thanks.

We cannot thank Grandma and Grandpa Bear enough for driving all the way here to cubsit for us. We could not have possibly taken the cubs with us, so we are very grateful that they were able to come this weekend.

No comments: