Steve's parents (Grandma Shirley and Grandpa John) arrived in town Friday evening. They arrived after the cubs were in bed Friday and Steve and I had debated whether to keep the cubs up to see them or wait until Saturday morning. After weighing the pros and cons we decided to wait until Saturday morning. If we kept the cubs up late on Friday, Saturday was sure to be a nightmare. They are used to their schedule and typically start the meltdown process around 6:30 at night. I'm sure we would have paid for it all weekend if we kept them up late on Friday.
On Saturday we took a ride up to the new house site to show them around the area. Grandma Shirley and Grandpa John offered to cubsit Saturday night and we quickly accepted before they could change their minds. They didn't know what they were in for. Steve and I took off to the hockey game (the Stars lost AGAIN...**sigh**) and we had a great time. When we got home we noticed that Grandma Shirley had washed a load of baby clothes. UH OH....BAD SIGN!! Sure enough, Zach had needed a little "special attention"...meaning he had thrown up in his crib. Poor Grandma Shirley! Thanks to this little mess, she may not offer her cubsitting services so quickly next time.
We also put Grandpa John to work while he was here. Our apartment became available for move-in on Saturday, and we enlisted his help in moving our sleeper sofa on Sunday. What would we have done without him?? Again, huge thanks to Grandpa for his help! I felt terrible making him work on his vacation.
Grandma Shirley and I enjoyed a chick flick (27 Dresses) on Sunday while the boys were moving the couch. Much to Steve and Grandpa's dismay, the movie was still on when they returned, and they weren't very impressed. It was Football Sunday afterall. Steve made a comment that he couldn't wait to move to the new house, because then we'll have the family room and the game room. The game room sure would have come in handy on Football Sunday and Grandma and I could have enjoyed our movie without all the unnecessary grumbles from the men in the house!
On Monday, Steve and I had our final design appointment. We can't thank Grandma and Grandpa enough for volunteering (again) to cubsit for the day. Especially with Zach having his most recent issues. There was no way we could have completed this task with the cubs in tow. I was not leaving there until the papers were signed and everything was selected. Basically we spent the entire day there. We arrived early so we had a little time to go over the options we had chosen at our last visit. I noticed our granite selection wasn't on the shelf but I figured someone else had selected it as well so it must have been on someone's desk. It was not unusual for the designers to have someone's selections in their office as the design was in progress. But, of course, for me this was not the case. Our granite selection has been discontinued. You have got to be kidding me! The one we selected was the only one I liked to match up with our flooring and cabinetry selections. I was a nervous wreck while they called the supplier to see if we could get our order in. We were told that there shouldn't be any problem. WHEW! There had better not be any problem, or we'll have to start over from scratch on our kitchen selections. UGH!!
The cub report from Grandma was all good! It was a relief to hear that Zach didn't have any problems keeping his food down and they spent most of the day playing, both inside and out. Naps reportedly went well which was also a pleasant surprise. It sounded like they had a good time and I'm glad that Grandma and Grandpa were able to have some one-on-one time with just the cubs.
On Tuesday we took the Grandparents around the Arlington area to see the Rangers Stadium and the progress on the new Cowboys Stadium. We did another drive through the new housing area where we were pleasantly surprised to see that the slab has been poured. We also took the cubs to the mall to play in the toddler play area before heading to the airport. They had a late afternoon flight and we were sad to see them go. We really enjoyed their visit and can't wait for them to come again.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Never fear, Grandma Shirley and Grandpa John are here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We want to thank you for the enjoyable time we spent with "the family". We miss being with you already.
As we had mentioned we were more than willing to help you prepare for the move to your temporary location. We feel bad that we don't live closer to help you out more often.
Sorry to hear Em got sick... but Christmas is around the corner and I'm sure there will be new foods for her to enjoy then.
Take care... love y'all...
Post a Comment