Friday, December 5, 2008

All about Emily

The other day I blogged excessively about Zach, so I thought it was only fair to blog excessively about Emily Bear.

She is a bright little girl. She notices right away when something isn't where it should be. She doesn't like wearing shoes and hates socks even more. She is very helpful and brings me things even though I don't want or need them. This morning she discovered the toilet paper roll. The joy!

She has tried several different new foods lately. The other night I was eating some pumpkin pie that we brought home from Grandma Bear's. I gave her a bite and she instantly spit it out. She kept standing next to me as if she were begging for food so I gave her another bite. I guess her opinion changed because she kept asking for more. She has also eaten beefaroni, mandarin oranges, fettuccini alfredo and her father keeps giving her Stove Top stuffing...yuck. Today I let her take a few bites of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Right now she is going through her clingy, woe-is-me stage. If I even look at her wrong she bursts into big crocodile tears. I know it's coming because I can see her working on it. It takes a lot of work to get those tears on demand. Unfortunately she is not a cute crier. Her face turns all red and blotchy. Some girls can pull off the woe-is-me tears and still look beautiful doing it. Emily will never be that girl.

She loves taking baths but don't get her face wet. She can't sleep without her Husky dog. She loves all things electronic. Buttons are meant to be pushed. She has also figured out if I take her hand and she doesn't want to go with me she'll just sit down. Stubborn monkey.

It never fails that she knows exactly when Mom's head hits the pillow at night. The minute I lay down is the same minute she starts crying.

Lately she has been resisting sleeping in her crib, especially at night. Daddy always manages to get her back to bed. Today I was met with a very loud resistance to her nap time. It was so loud that I thought the neighbors might call CPS on me. I finally gave up and brought her out to the living room while Zach finished his nap. I guess the bed wasn't good enough for her so she settled for the floor instead. Weird!

She is very protective of her little brother. Especially when he is in time-out. She'll sit with him and share her toys with him --- only in time-out. Toy sharing is off limits any other time. If Zach cries she is usually the first one there to see what is going on.

She has the best laugh in the world. She giggles too! When she laughs the sun is brighter, the sky is bluer, and the flowers smell prettier. Her laughter makes it all worth it.

No comments: