Zach's swallow study was yesterday. Obviously I misunderstood the purpose of this test. I thought that it would allow for us to see what happened as he swallowed food and it traveled down to his stomach. Apparently it only allows viewing of his swallowing function, which of course was perfectly normal. Sometimes I just want to scream to these people...why aren't they listening to me!? He doesn't have trouble swallowing the food....it's what happens in the following sixty seconds that is the problem. UGH!!!!! We ended up with the same therapist that performed Zach's oral/motor test back in May. She is still convinced that his whole problem is reflux. Funny how the Doctor keeps telling me it is not. What a colossal waste of time and money. Shame on me for putting Zach through yet another unnecessary test. I just started crying in the hospital parking lot. I am so frustrated that we don't have any answers. Not to mention that the test was scheduled right in the middle of his nap time so he was just miserable the entire time. Maybe I can use this as a scare tactic for little boys who throw up their food....another test with more barium. It must have worked because today he ate much better!!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment