Most of this week was spent emptying the "old" house and scheduling the house cleaner and the carpet cleaners. Plus trying to arrange for the Salvation Army to pick up some large donation items, I think I was at the house every day, sometimes even twice a day. What a pain trying to get everything scheduled but it is finally over, except for moving out what is left in the garage and the attic. All we have to do now is wait for the house to sell.
Apartment living still stinks. I can't stand that my kitchen is 1/16 the size of my last one. I have decided that I am living in a glorified hotel room with a minimal kitchenette. UGH! At least it's only temporary. My mantra for the next six months. Poor Zach must not like the apartment even more than I do. Every time we come home (and yes, I mean EVERY time) he barely makes it in the door before he starts crying. Have we scarred him for life?? He never used to do this at the old house. Poor baby! When I tell the cubs that we are going 'bye bye' they both run to the door. The guilt is horrible. Hopefully that is just temporary too.
Zach has started throwing up again. We were doing so well and I am just convinced that I jinx it every time. Giving him this new medicine is harder than wrestling with an alligator. He hates it, I hate it. Period.
On Wednesday, I went out to dinner with a friend to La Playa Maya. I love my monthly Wednesday night dinners because we always go some place new. It was really yummy. I think I could eat Mexican food every day.
Steve had an appointment on Thursday with the stereo/sound techs to mark the wiring for the computers, phones, TVs and surround sound systems at the new house. We didn't take any pictures because the exterior hasn't changed since the last post. All the good things are happening on the interior. The electricians are working their magic now.
Zach had an orthopedic appointment on Friday. It is always a challenge to take both cubs to the Doctor's office without their Dad. The rooms are always small, the wait is always long, and their attention span is always short. At least we had good news. The Doctor was very happy with Zach's progress and has determined that we don't need to go back unless we are concerned. The curving near his knees has corrected itself and he feels that the curving near his ankles will straighten out on its own. So no braces, thank goodness!
Friday night I was all set to take the cubs to an hourly childcare service so that Steve and I could join Beth Ann in celebrating her birthday. My friend referred the service so I really had no concerns about dropping off the cubs for two hours while Steve and I went to dinner. However, they squashed my plans! Little Emily Bear had been experiencing some diarrhea because of all her major teething, and they wouldn't take her. UGH! So Steve stayed home with the cubs while I went to dinner with Beth Ann, Matt and their friends for the big celebration. I had a lot of fun, the food was good, the margarita was great, and their friends are just hilarious. I really wish Steve could have gone with me, but I am really thankful to him that he was willing to cubsit so I could still go.
The week ahead will be just as busy. We will load the cubs and all their equipment and travel over the hills and through the woods to Grandma Bear's house. I am excited to visit my parents and grandparents and even more excited that Steve will have three days off to spend with us.
We hope that everyone has a safe and happy holiday! Merry Christmas!!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Random things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment