Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Bear

On Wednesday we packed up right after breakfast and headed to Grandma and Grandpa Bear's house. Like last year, the cubs were treated to their own live tree, which Grandpa Bear will plant outside. Emily's was decorated in pink and Zach's in blue.

After lunch we took the cubs to see their Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma. Emily was sharing hugs left and right. It was so sweet to watch her hug everyone. Very unlike Thanksgiving where she didn't want anyone to hold her but Mommy or Daddy. Zach was too busy exploring to give hugs. Zach is literally running in the only picture I have of him with his Great-grandparents. That cub is a bundle of energy.

We returned to Grandma Bear's house for dinner and the tree lighting. I love the tree lighting...it is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. It's even more fun with double the trees. Dinner is always yummy...this time we were treated to T-Bone Steaks. I could get very spoiled here, I don't get to eat these often at Cub Central. The cubs went to bed pretty easily, but Zach was very unhappy during the middle of the night and kept Mom and Dad up for hours. Not fun. Good thing Santa came before Zach woke up. Otherwise Zach's crying may have scared him off.

Christmas morning was tons of fun with tons of presents. Santa was very generous this year. We definitely have spoiled cubs. Almost the entire day was spent opening presents, which Emily loved! She is a present opening pro. It didn't matter whose name was on it, Emily was there to open it. So helpful! Zach could barely sit still. Emily had fun opening his presents too.

Present opening must be exhausting because both cubs went to bed on time and slept very well. Steve and Grandpa Bear got up super early on Friday to do the after Christmas shopping. Grandma Bear and I met them later in the morning with cubs in tow. After Christmas shopping was pretty dismal, especially when you consider our prior after-Christmas shopping experiences. I guess it saved us some money. We left later that afternoon to return home. I always hate leaving. It seems like we never get to spend enough time there but Steve had to work on Saturday, and we go where Steve goes.

We can't thank everyone enough for thinking of us this year. We received amazing gifts and loving cards and notes from our family and friends. We are a very blessed bunch of bears!

I haven't downloaded the pictures yet, but that is on my "to do" list. Maybe I'll get that done next year. Right after I get my Christmas cards mailed out. **sigh**

No comments: