Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Potty training woes!

Happy 21-month birthday to our precious cubs!

We are celebrating with (drum roll please) POTTY TRAINING.

I have totally been dreading potty training with apparent good reason. I have always heard that girls catch on faster than boys (of course!) so naturally I started with Emily first. So the plan is to take Emily into the bathroom for 5-10 minutes at a time. Not a problem. Except it means that Z-Man is running around the house totally unsupervised. This is not good. Tackling furniture, terrorizing the cat, hanging from the ceiling fan...you get the idea. Otherwise he's in the bathroom with us totally distracting Emily from the task at hand. ***SIGH*** What is a mom to do? Mommy is not really enjoying this.

1 comment:

Jenny Henriksen said...

I totally understand your frustration. We are still in the process of potty training Henry and Emma. Emma is doing really well. Henry on the other hand is not. We go through underwear,socks, and pants like you wouldn't believe. Hang in there. We've tried the process on and off over the last year. This time it finally seems to be sticking. I've learned that this along with so many other things they will do in their own time-when they are ready. And since I haven't said it in awhile, Emily and Zach are just too darn cute!!!