Last Monday evening Zach came down with "the fever". "The fever" was 103.4 when we called the on-call Doctor. Our instructions were to continue medicating him and call in the morning for an appointment if the fever persisted. Zach was extremely fussy. He wanted to be held, but when I held him he would squirm and was never able to get comfortable. So I'd put him down and he'd cry to be held again. Tuesday morning "the fever" was still here, so I called and was told that our Pedi was out for the day. Not a big deal except none of the other Doctors in the office accept our insurance (BOO...HISS!!). Our options were to take him to the urgent care clinic (No thanks) or wait until Wednesday morning. After our last urgent care experience I decided that we would wait for a Wednesday morning appointment with Zach's favorite pediatrician. Tuesday afternoon I thought "the fever" had finally broken. His temp was down and he was playing like it was any normal day. We decided that if "the fever" stayed away, we would just cancel our appointment, but on Wednesday morning "the fever" was back up to 102.2. Just great. I loaded the cubs up and headed for the Doctor's office. The fussiness was back. He screamed when we tried to get his weight and when the Nurse tried to take his temperature. Our Doctor came in and checked his ears, nose, throat, and listened to his chest and said that she couldn't find any reason for his fever. I thought maybe it was due to his teething, but she said it would be very unusual for his fever to get that high from just teething...there had to be something else going on. She decided to do some lab work. This was my first experience with Zach getting his blood drawn. Steve always handles this, but I guess I forgot to mention that I was by myself with both Emily and Zachary, and this was not going to be fun. The following five minutes seemed like five hours but she finally got what she needed from Zach's poor finger. The results came in that afternoon....everything was perfectly normal. However, we still had "the fever". We had "the fever" on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. By Saturday morning "the fever" had finally broken. FINALLY. No more waking up in the middle of the night to give him medications. And then, when I thought all was good, on Saturday Emily screamed and cried all night with "THE FEVER". UGH!!!!!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Saturday Monday night fever
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment