Monday, March 2, 2009

Summing up the week with one word.

One word can sum up last week here at Cub Central: SICK. What a week. Zach came down with an upper respiratory infection, which he so kindly shared with me, and we were both miserable. I'm not sure how I managed. Steve came home early on Wednesday to take little man to the Doctor for me. Unfortunately there are no antibiotics for this mess, so we just have to let it run it's course. I know little man probably felt as poorly as I did. It was such a roller coaster, I felt horrible in the morning but by the evening I would feel better. The next morning I would feel worse with yet another issue. I think it pretty much attacked everything from my shoulders up. Sore throat one day, earache the next day, then a dizzying headache the day after that. Finally, it ended up with a sneezing fit that seems to have lasted for days. It was DREADFUL. New day, new pain. Thank heavens we are feeling better now. Poor little Emily almost escaped the dreaded germ-monster, but I'm afraid she wasn't so lucky either. She started coughing yesterday afternoon, and then I think she handed it off again to Zach. So the cycle repeats. Because of the dreaded germ-monster, all events last week were cancelled. I was supposed to have a GNO (girls' night out) on Wednesday and Zach was supposed to have his first feeding therapy session on Thursday....I had to cancel it all. Hopefully this week will be much better.

No comments: